HCV Program Announcements amid COVID-19 Outbreak
To HCV Participants, Residents, Landlords, and Partners:
The spread of the COVID-19 is a critical nationwide concern and a top priority of Lucas Metropolitan Housing (LMH). We must work together to ensure that our staff, participants, residents, landlords, and partners are protected when working with LMH.
Thank you for your continued cooperation and support
- Effective March 24, 2020, LMH closed their lobby to the public located at 211 S. Byrne Rd. LMH remains open to serve our participants, residents, landlords, and partners; however, to ensure the safety of all during the COVID-19 pandemic, services will be limited to telephone, email, US mail, and fax only. There will be no in-person assistance to the public until until further notice. LMH is closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and will update as necessary.
- Closing our offices does not mean that LMH is closed for business. We remain committed to our mission and the families we serve. The Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Department will conduct as much business as possible via telephone and email, and will respond to emergency situations as needed. If you are an HCV participant, you should contact your Housing Specialist for assistance during this time. The HCV Department will not host any in-person meetings, briefings or client meetings at our office. Instead, business will be conducted via telephone or email.
Office Visits and Routine Inspections Temporarily Suspended
- Due to Ohio's Stay-At-Home directive and concerns regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, effective Tuesday, March 24, 2020, clients should not come into the office located at 211 S. Byrne Rd. to drop off any paperwork. All business should be handled via telephone, email, US mail or fax.
- Annual inspections have been temporarily suspended until further notice. LMH will continue the following HQS inspections:
- Initial inspections of unoccupied units
- Abatement Cure inspections
- Health & Safety (24-hour) inspections
PLEASE CONTACT OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE LINE AT 419-246-3183 or via email IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS REGARDING THE HCV PROGRAM.
- Housing Assistance Payments (HAP) will still be issued as scheduled during the COVID-19 pandemic. Tenants are still required to pay their portion of rent.
- Participants who experience a loss of income during this COVID-19 pandemic may report this to their Housing Specialist via email, US mail or fax. Verification of the income change should be included to determine eligibility of additional rental assistance support during this time.