Renter Assistance for City of Toledo Public Housing Residents
Have you lost your job or have reduced income as a result of COVID-19? Are you currently a city of Toledo public housing resident? If so, you may be eligible for emergency rental assistance. See requirements below.
The city of Toledo will implement a policy change allowing public housing residents to apply for renter assistance utilizing The Emergency Rental Assistance Fund (ERAF) under the following conditions:
- The public housing unit must be located in the city of Toledo. Public housing units owned by LMHA outside of the City's limits are not eligible.
- Public housing residents of eligible units must meet a ll ERAF program application requirements including:
- Submittal of an ERAF Application with all required supporting documentation.
- Income eligibility.
- Documentation of income or job loss as a result of COVID-19.
- The ERAF Program can provide rental assistance for 3 months--up to a total of $2,500--for periods beginning in April 2020.
- If public housing resident meets income eligibility and demonstrates loss of income due to COVID-19, the ERAF Program will pay the first month of delinquent rent beginning with April 2020 as reflected on a lease.
- In order to pay the 2nd and 3rd months of rent the public housing resident will be required to provide a recertification of income and recalculated rents within 30 days of a COVID-19 related change in income.
- If the public housing resident at application is 3 months delinquent on rents at the pre COVID-19 level, for a period beginning April 2020, the ERAF Program will pay only the 1st month rent at the pre COVID-19 level and require recertification and rent adjustment in order to pay the 2nd and 3rd months of rent.
- The ERAF program will not assist with rents that are delinquent for periods prior to April 2020.
- Public housing residents impacted by COVID-19 income or job loss should contact LMH to recertify income and adjust rents.
How do I apply?
If you have COVID-19 related job or income loss, contact LMH and get your income recertified.
You will need documentation of income recertification and rent adjustment as appropriate to apply for ERAF funds.
Contact Lutheran Social Services of Northwest Ohio for an ERAF application
- 2149 Collingwood Blvd.
Toledo, OH 43620
Fill out the ERAF application and return with all requested information, including your recertification from LMH.
The city of Toledo supports the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability to fully participate in this program/event, please contact Joan Easier, city of Toledo ADA administrator. Office of Diversity and Inclusion at 419-245-1059.