Toledo Area Community Comes Together to Improve Service Delivery to the Homeless
November 13, 2019, Toledo, Ohio.
Media Conference at 10:30 am today.
Many community organizations led by Lucas Metropolitan Housing Authority (LMHA), the Toledo Lucas County Homelessness Board (TLCHB) and the Mental Health and Recovery Services Board of Lucas County (MHRSB) have come together, with the help of a community transition team, to evolve the delivery of services to the homeless population of our community. A media conference will be held at 10:30 am today at the Toledo Lucas County Main Library to roll out the changes to the community.
Included in these changes are:
- Realignment of the Toledo Lucas County Homelessness Board
- Introduction of its new executive director
- New collaborative relationship for TLCHB and LMHA
- Launch of a new, proven approach for serving the chronically homeless called Housing First
The Toledo Lucas County Homelessness Board serves as the collaborative applicant for the HUD Continuum of Care funding for homelessness services in Toledo and Lucas County. It is responsible for bringing millions of dollars to the community that fund emergency, transitional and permanent supportive housing and services.
The role of the Transition Team has been to shepherd the changes in the Toledo Lucas County Homelessness Board. The team is made up of community representatives from:
- Toledo Lucas County Homelessness Board (TLCHB)
- Lucas Metropolitan Housing Authority (LMHA)
- City of Toledo
- Lucas County Commissioners
- Criminal Justice Coordinating Council
- TASC of Northwest Ohio (Treatment Accountability for Safer Communities)
- United Way of Greater Toledo
- MHRSB of Lucas County (Mental Health and Recovery Services Board of Lucas County)
- Toledo Public Schools
Many of these organizations will be represented at the meeting and will explain their roles in the transition.
Detailed media kits will be available for further explanation.
MEDIA RELEASE FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE