Toledo's second annual Parade of Homes tour and special auction celebration on Thursday, Nov. 17
As many as 20 affordable newly and completely renovated move-in-ready homes will go up for sale during Toledo's second annual Parade of Homes tour and special auction celebration on Thursday, Nov. 17
Minimum bids range from $60,000 to $75,000, with as much as $9,500 available for closing costs and down payment assistance as well as additional funding support opportunities through Lucas Housing Services Corp.
Looking to purchase a completely renovated move-in-ready house in Toledo that's affordable, features new high-quality amenities and includes financial aid on closing costs, down payment assistance and additional funding support for qualified buyers who could pay as little as $500 down to own a beautiful new place to live?
If you're in the market for great bargains that are better than paying rent, then you'll want to attend the Toledo Parade of Homes tour hosted by Lucas Housing Services Corp. (LHSC), a nonprofit affiliate of Lucas Metropolitan Housing (LMH), and sponsored by Huntington Bank, Fifth Third Bank and Premier Bank.
The second annual event will culminate with a special auction celebration from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 17, at the Premier Banquet Hall, 4480 Heatherdowns Blvd., where eligible applicants can bid on as many as 20 newly remodeld or soon-to-be refurbished homes by LHSC and its partners.
"Last year's inaugural event was an outstanding success because we sold all of the homes offered through the tour and auction event, prompting the LMH team and our amazing sponsors to plan a 2022 sequel," said LMH President and CEO Joaquin Cintron Vega.
"The craftsmanship and design of these homes are almost too good to be true, so you have to see them for yourself - we're talking new or remodeled kitchens with stainless steel appliances and beautiful backsplashes, new bathrooms and exquisite pendant lighting," Cintron Vega said.
The Parade of Homes program is part of the LMH and LHSC "Work Your Way Home" initiative that provides stable affordable housing and homeownership opportunities that are essential for strong neighborhoods, economic development and community sustainability.
Highlights of the Toledo Parade of Homes tour include:
• Attendees can visit nine newly remodeled homes that showcase examples of the workmanship of the homes that are available for sale.
• Home sizes range from 1,248 square feet to 1,638 square feet.
• The minimum bid amounts range from $60,000 to $75,000 and there is up to $9,500 available for closing costs and down payment assistance.
• There is other assistance available to help make these homes affordable for almost every budget.
• Lucas Housing Services Corp. and LMH's lending partners will be available daily from today through the Nov. 17 event to preapprove individuals and families in preparation for the auction.
• LHSC and its sponsors also will host special prequalification events from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 12, on Monday, Nov. 14 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and on Wednesday, Nov. 16 from 1-4 p.m. at the Port Lawrence Community Room, 201 Belmont St. Attendees will be registered for door prizes given away hourly.
• In addition to touring these beautiful homes, Parade of Homes attendees can participate in a Housing Fair to learn about available financing and closing cost and down payment assistance, as well as the opportunity to purchase a home with as little as $500 down. Instant preapprovals will be available for attendees on-site at the auction event.
For more information, visit the LMH website at www.lucasmha.org and click on the Parade of Homes tab. You can also call 419-259-9445 or 419-259-9447 for details on scheduling one-on-one prequalification interviews and to review a listing of homes on the tour. The Nov. 17 Parade of Homes auction will be streamed on Facebook Live @LucasMetropolitanHousing.
About Lucas Housing Services Corporation
Established in 2013, Lucas Housing Services Corp. (LHSC) is a nonprofit affiliate of Lucas Metropolitan Housing (LMH). LHSC is the anchor of the Community Development arm for LMH. LHSC's mission is to "provide relief for a community located within low- and moderate-income census tracts by rehabilitating and improving properties subject to blight and foreclosure. Such activities will help relieve conditions of poverty, dependency, chronic unemployment and underemployment in an economically depressed community. Given the unmet need of the community for such relief, LHSC is a critical vehicle for improving the quality and value of the distressed areas." LHSC has been serving the community for over 10 years, focusing on creating homeownership opportunities for low- and moderate-income, first-time home buyers.
LHSC owns over 100 homeownership properties, and its "Work Your Way Home" program, a one-stop shop toward homeownership, has created more than 40 homeowners in two key neighborhoods that support downtown in North and Central Toledo. LHSC enjoys partnerships with many agencies in the community helping to improve individuals' and families' quality of life while stabilizing distressed neighborhoods.
About Lucas Metropolitan Housing
Established in 1933, Lucas Metropolitan Housing (LMH) continues to provide affordable housing to adults, seniors and children in its Public Housing, Housing Choice Voucher, Mixed-Income and Market Rate housing units. LMH also provides myriad programs and opportunities designed to improve the total quality of life for our residents, with the ultimate goal of achieving self-sufficiency. The programs and services are the result of successful collaborations with numerous community partners.
Our current housing portfolio consists of 2,633 Public Housing units, 4,657 Housing Choice Vouchers, 322 Low-Income Housing Tax Credit units, 198 Market Rate units and 107 Homeownership Properties. There are approximately 17,500 people who reside in LMH properties. Lucas Metropolitan Housing partners with ALL people and organizations willing to exchange ideas and efforts to enhance Toledo, Lucas County and the world.