The public notice will state that preapplications for the Housing Choice Voucher Program will be accepted, how they will be accepted and the time frame that the waiting list will be open. This process may take place at least 1 day a year. Since the demand for housing assistance often exceeds the limited resources available to HUD and the local housing agencies, long waiting periods are common.
At the conclusion of the preapplication period, each preliminary application will be entered into LMHA’s computer system and place on its waiting list. Applicants from this waiting list are then invited to complete a full application in order of the time and date of application.
Full applications are taken in small groups and appointment only, at LMHA’s Byrne Road office located at 211 S Byrne.
Completing a Full Application
Applicants need to bring the following at the time of application:
- Birth certificates for all persons to be on application
- Social Security cards for all persons on application
- Picture ID for all persons over the age of 18 on the application
- All adults on application are required to sign all forms
- Citizenship /Alien status for persons born outside U.S.
- Verification of assets of all household members
- Verification of income for all household members
- Examples of income include but are not limited to:
- Social Security
- Child support
- Retirement or disability pension benefits
- VA benefits
- Bank interest
- Any other source of income
If you received a letter that your name has reached the top of the Housing Choice Voucher Program’s waiting list and have been invited to complete a full application, please access the application below. Return the completed application to our office by the deadline date indicated in your letter.